- The adolescent years are challenging for teens and their parents. As teenagers face many new pressures, they may not always react in...
- Thousands of children today face more complex issues than the previous generation. Those issues can stem from interpersonal family challenges to simply...
- Family counseling may have one or more objectives. It may help to promote better relationships and understanding within a family in general,...
- People seek couples therapy for many reasons–depression, anxiety, work or relationship issues, a long-term feeling of dissatisfaction or an immediate life-changing crisis....
Lakeside Family CounselingHelping manage unexpected life events, challenges and transitions. Helping individuals and families resolve crises and enrich family functioning. Therapy for teens and adolescents dealing with life changes, difficulties and family relationships.
I am pleased that you have chosen to explore avenues to help improve your life, whether you need help as an individual, as a couple, or as a family.
Very often, people seek counseling during or after a personal or family crisis. We are sensitive to your needs during that time, whether you are facing the death of a loved one, a separation or divorce, a crisis with children or other family members, or marital difficulties. Everything Lakeside Family Counseling does is focused on moving forward to what we call a “new normal.”
Counseling seeks to help clients change behavior, attitudes, and/or perceptions about themselves, others, and the world around them. During counseling, we seek to stimulate growth. Counselors seek to instill the belief that help is possible, to correct erroneous beliefs about the world, to develop competencies in social living, and to help clients accept themselves as persons of worth. At Lakeside Family Counseling we use an eclectic therapeutic model tailored to help each client gain mental health and wholeness.
- teach skills, including social skills
- encourage recognition and expression of emotion
- give support in times of needs
- instill insight
- guide as decisions are made
- help clients mobilize inner and environmental resources in times of crises
- teach problem solving skills
- increase competence and self-actualization
- Average Cost (per session):
$100 – $150
- Sliding Scale: No
- Accepted Payment Methods: American Express, Cash,
Discover, MasterCard, Visa
- Accepted Insurance Plans:
Aetna, BlueCross and/or BlueShield
Cigna, Coventry, MHN / Managed Health Network, Medicaid,
UBH / UnitedVerify your health insurance coverage when you arrange your first visit.